Sunset Prognosis and updates on Broadcast
November 2016 - February 2017 season
started on 28th November
Exterior view from Maeshowe towards Hoy Hills, updated every 10 seconds
to 16:00GMT daily - picture will be black in hours of darkness.
Weather - Orkney
Check The Orcadian weather page for more details
Orkney Harbours Weather data
Weather page (with satellite pictures and other goodies)....
To get an idea of the weather systems.
- 30 December 2016 Overcast and drizzle
- 29 December 2016 Another lovely sunrise but looking like overcast pm
- 28 December 2016 Beautiful sunrise - fantastic sunset
- 27 December 2016 Much nicer day, wind down, some chance of a sunset - in fact was perfect
- 26 December 2016 Very breezy day, Mens' Ba' went down in just a few minutes
- 25 December 2016 Merry Christmas
- 24 December 2016 Totally overcast
- 23 December 2016 Wet and windy forecast for next few days. Very disappointed in being let down by BT like this - they just could not care less.
- 22 December 2016 Overcast with occasional sleety showers, no chance of a sunset. No broadband despite BT assuring us that it would be working today. The company is about as speedy as a tortoise on a Sunday in Stornoway.
- 21 December 2016 Most of the morning fruitlessly trying to sort out non functional broadband, no equipment issues. Some chance of a sunset
- 20 December 2016 Lovely morning with rising wind, a good possibility of a sunset. It is most unfortunate that we still have no internet connection.
- 19 December 2016 BBC Weather suggests a good sunset today and maybe next two days. Sadly BT is asleep at the wheel and we still have no connection.
- 18 December 2016 100% cloud cover - still no broadband connection - sorry folks is all I can say
- 17 December 2016 100% cloud cover - still no broadband connection - sorry folks is all I can say
- 16 December 2016 100% cloud cover - still no broadband connection - sorry folks is all I can say
- 15 December 2016 Much nicer day - possibly a sunset - BT now says there is a fault - over a week later
- 14 December 2016 100% overcast, still no broadband
- 13 December 2016 Wall to wall sunshine today and looks like the best sunset so far this December. Planning to do a sequence at the Watchstone. Cameras are recording so we plan to put a time lapse up later once we can accessthem.
- 12th December 2016 Better weather this week, today possible, Tuesday looks like 100% sunshine, no broadband as yet
- 11th December 2016 100% cloudy no broadband
- 10th December 2016 Looking good for today but broadband still down, problem is with BT end
- 9th December 2016 100% cloudy but looking better for tomorrow. Checked all equipment, changed router new splitter, will not connect to server, speaking to BT
- 8th December 2016 100% cloudy, hoping to fix camera issue tomorrow morning
- 7th December 2016 100% cloudy, cameras failed to restart
- 6th December 2016 100% cloud today, calm and dry, no sunset likely.
- 5th December 2016 Totally clear, wonderful forecast going to be a perfect sunset
- 4th December 2016 High pressure, clear, fantastic sunset
- 3rd December 2016 Very pleasant calm day but partially overcast, looking great for tomorrow.
- 2nd December 2016 Looking like sunshine from around 11:00 so chance of a sunset. Tomorrow looking much clearer skies. Replaced exterior cable, all working now.
- 1st December 2016 Showers with sunny intervals. We hope to install a new cable to the outside camera today.
- 30 November 2016 Totally overcast today but possibility of being brighter tomorrow afternoon. Failed startup of outside camera this morning, inside cameras fired up OK at 14:00.
- 29 November 2016 looking like bright spells with showers as high pressures moves away. Possible sunset, jetstream has flicked to a large northerly loop making cloudy skies likely the next few days. New PoE switch installed.
- 28 November 2016 beautiful day and likely sunset. Due to faulty PoE switch webcam 3 is not yet operational, but part ordered.
return to the live feeds page click below